Change font size   Print view

My three cents.....

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Do you feel her banning was warrented?

Yes?
14%
No?
43%
Wilbur is the sexiest man on the planet.
36%
Who cares and why am I reading this on a Friday night?
7%

Total votes : 14

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:31 am

I'm just pissed because I only got one vote for being the sexiest man alive.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby Stiffler » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:18 pm

now you got two.
Stiffler

Postby XBlueSilverX » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:44 pm

I understand the position of the moderators. They help keep the peace, delete unwanted spam, ask people to tone it down and help keep topics on track.
However, In our own ways, we are all moderators. We decide which way to take a thread and when someone is out of control most of us let them know before the mods even have to. I consider the moderators as the last line in that sense becuase many of us read and respond to unruly posters long before a mod can.
On this note I'd like to make a suggestion.

If a member is being considered for ban, it should be policy that a moderator set up a thread specifically to take an official and anonymous poll. Full bannings should be a community decision, as yes, this is a community and many of us know each other well. Why leave the tough decision strictly to one moderator, who may then suffer much backlash from the decision? Afterall, it has been done before (put to the members in a poll fashion) and the members, if they wanted to, were allowed to give thier 2 cents about the member and help that person seriously think about thier position and try to make a change for the better.

Think about it mods.
The problem with real life? There's no danger music..
XBlueSilverX
flinches for foamies

Postby Doc » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:27 pm

That's it XBlue!

You're done!

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby Doc » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:27 pm

That's it XBlue!

You're done!

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Postby fossilgrom » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:00 pm

didn't realize she had been banned. What the fuk? I really fuking liked her. A god damn fuking shitey @ss shame if you ask me. was it for foul language?
free your mind, your @ss will follow
fossilgrom
a garage full of dusty surfboards

Postby surfnride » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:14 pm

Its just a givin that a surf form is going to get rude crude and disgusting after all we are surfers. I really don't know how many kids use the surfpage my kids don't.
My kids have come behind me and seen the nice avatars many of you have, I'm ok with that they will see it more on tv than here.
This page needs to be pretty tolerant to keep things interesting.
constant personal attacks are worthy of banning, imo
If its flat then go ride!
surfnride
secret spots are my forte

Postby brdsurf » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:42 am

Banned? Hmm, that seems a bit fast. After all we have had XbsX go on before and after being asked to mellow some he did. Same with Buick and such. TJ even seems to have chilled a little and rags less on the better of the two countries :lol:
But come on, some people ask for it. All of her alias', well, not honey yet, have gone off at me once or twice at least and you know what, BFD.
Usually those things are posted in the appropriate area. Sometimes the guys need to be cut down a little bit by the fairer sex. Its their fault for sometimes digging their own graves and continuing on with the banter.
Besides its nothing different than the heckling that would happen at a semi crowded surfspot....
"I have to overcome that safety mechanism that wants to rise up in me and to keep me from doing something that could kill me."
"Everything’s okay until it isn’t."
brdsurf
straight.......like a boomerang

Postby The Blonde » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:50 am

I think the entire thing was a Nasty publicity stunt. But then again...Im not alowed to offer my opinion so you can all decide for your selves.
I approve this message
The Blonde
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:21 am

brdsurf wrote:Besides its nothing different than the heckling that would happen at a semi crowded surfspot....

Kinda smells like The Lineup.....
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Previous

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)