Change font size   Print view

Which are you?

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Are you a Hater, a Ranter, or a Whiner?

Hater
40%
Ranter
40%
Whiner
20%

Total votes : 15

Which are you?

Postby speelyei » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:16 pm

Huh? Take the poll, kookie.
speelyei
boogie boarders run ME over!

Location: Arizona... but I am still an absentee owner on the Coast!

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:36 pm

I don't hate.
I don't whine.

I rant.

Ranting comes from the more arrogant position.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.

Postby nm » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:09 pm

rant about hating whiners ....yep
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby GraveWisdom » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:17 am

If you hear me complaining about the shortboarders getting of the way of my great rides, I'd be a ranter. In fact, I've turned the art of shortboard hate into the purest form of art.

Boueys belong on the sand below waist high day, Oregon hasn't figured that out and it's my biggest gripe here in the NW.
Violence has resolved more conflicts that anything else.
The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.
GraveWisdom
the surfing sahib

Postby budster » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:31 am

i hate the fact the sometimes i can be a real whino, the commonplace for unprovoked ranting and arm-waving. insert crippling fall into the shrubbery.
budster
I love a good soft top

Postby Neck Deep » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:43 am

GraveWisdom wrote:If you hear me complaining about the shortboarders getting of the way of my great rides, I'd be a ranter. In fact, I've turned the art of shortboard hate into the purest form of art.

Boueys belong on the sand below waist high day, Oregon hasn't figured that out and it's my biggest gripe here in the NW.

How about I'll be a 'buoy on the sand' when its less than waist and you carry on talking all the shortboard-hate you want when it gets bigger than waist?

Not many long-boarders out yesterday and some of the ones that were were dangerously bailing their boards. Works both ways, matey.
Neck Deep

Postby Dub Star » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:26 am

GraveWisdom wrote:Boueys belong on the sand below waist high day, Oregon hasn't figured that out and it's my biggest gripe here in the NW.

Thats a pretty fuking stupid statement and further illustrates you only surf in the summer at shitsands or maybe indian.

Come find me on a waist high day that's got a little punch to it. I'll surf circles around you and make sure you get none.
Dub Star

Postby intrepid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:51 pm

Please define hater, whiner, and ranter.
intrepid
I tube ride side saddle

Postby the dude » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:20 pm

GraveWisdom is refering the majority of shortboarders. you know it. duh, dub. im sure your an exception. and your right FP, it goes both ways.
the dude
I do it Beavertail style

Postby Dub Star » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:47 pm

the dude wrote:GraveWisdom is refering the majority of shortboarders. you know it. duh, dub. im sure your an exception. and your right FP, it goes both ways.

Still disagre with his statement.

But then again if I'm sitting, I'm sure as hell not surfing the days he must be refering to. Guess he or you didnt head over for the 17 seconds?
Dub Star

Postby the dude » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:23 pm

oh the 17 seconds or so, was well worth it! no doubt dub!

regardless of its going off or not the amount of sitting shortboarders, funboarders, longboarders, and spongers depends on the spot you are at. you know that.
the dude
I do it Beavertail style

Postby scubetubeular » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:21 am

I prefer to sit on my shortboard rather then lay down on it while waiting for waves.

Crap does that make me a sitting shortboarder?
scubetubeular
over the falls, a way of life

Postby speelyei » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:50 am

Come find me on a waist high day that's got a little punch to it. I'll surf circles around you and make sure you get none.

I believe it. The other night at the Acropolis, he monopolised all the dancers. Guys were folding their dollars into little tents and pitching twenties like they were gum wrappers, and gettin' nuthin. He'll school ya.
speelyei
boogie boarders run ME over!

Location: Arizona... but I am still an absentee owner on the Coast!

Postby the dude » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:05 pm

scubetubeular wrote:I prefer to sit on my shortboard rather then lay down on it while waiting for waves.

Crap does that make me a sitting shortboarder?

if you havnt caught a wave in over 15 mintues, then yes, you're a buoy.
the dude
I do it Beavertail style

Postby Dub Star » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 pm

speelyei wrote:

I believe it. The other night at the Acropolis, he monopolised all the dancers. Guys were folding their dollars into little tents and pitching twenties like they were gum wrappers, and gettin' nuthin. He'll school ya.

Early bird gets the worm.

Besides cant beat the happy hour steack special. Hot damn.
Dub Star

Next

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners