Change font size   Print view

Water, hops, barley and malt.

If you've had an especially good (or bad!) experience with a surf product or service (i.e. surfboard, wetsuit, surf camp, shaper, video, etc), share your opinion with the rest of us. Nobody really cares, but knock yourself out. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, nm

Postby bluesilver » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:51 am

I love Coors Light
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby Snow2Sea » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:37 am

There's times for beers, and then there's time for Coors Light. The Silver Bullet is more of a lifestyle choice than a preferred taste.
Boardriding is about timing and style...It’s youthful, active, casual, and free flowing. There is no wrong way to ride a board. The goal is simply to learn, progress, improve, and give it your own interpretation.
Snow2Sea
I've wax combed my pubes

Postby grizldoldfk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:34 pm

sheaf is still 2.99
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby bluesilver » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Still into Stone Brwery's Arrogant Bastard Ale, Double Bastard, IPA
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
roach coach devotee

Postby grizldoldfk » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:41 am

we'ree moving on up, here on the southside. we now have a selection of three ninkasi ales. however, at over 4.50 a bottle, i refuse to support my semi-local brewery. thank you australia for your wonderful sheaf stout. i love it so much.
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby Quagmeyer » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:42 am

I just tried this stuff St. Peter's Honey Porter, I think it may be the best beer I've ever had in my life. A little pricy and not easy to find but s f&cking good.

Giggidy giggidy
Quagmeyer
surfing improved my love life

Postby Dub Star » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 pm

grizldoldfk wrote:we'ree moving on up, here on the southside. we now have a selection of three ninkasi ales. however, at over 4.50 a bottle, i refuse to support my semi-local brewery. thank you australia for your wonderful sheaf stout. i love it so much.

Ouch, I can get the IPA 22's for under $3 bucks a botttle. Just brewed 3 cases of a summer pale (lightish, crisp, and hoppy) and an IPA (C-Note clone) so I'm good to go for a while.
Dub Star

Postby Spent » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Quagmeyer wrote:I just tried this stuff St. Peter's Honey Porter, I think it may be the best beer I've ever had in my life. A little pricy and not easy to find but s f&cking good.

easy to find in oregon. i treat myself to some of that when i'm feeling like touching myself.

dub, plan on sharing the wealth?
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby erzats » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:59 pm

Quagmeyer wrote:f&cking good.]

Must not be Canadian then. Vancouver is just now getting a clue to good beer with R+B, Storm, anything else? Granville is starting to make a decent IPA. Victoria was a little ahead with Phillips and some other good brews. But WTF? With Portland and the rest of the west coast cranking out good beer for decades, why is Canada so far behind?

Brewery Creek on 14th and Main in Vancouver is the only place to buy beer (for 2-3x what it costs in the states). Wall of belgian brews. Decent representation of the better west coast breweries. Somehow Rogue gets a lot of play up here. To me their beer is overpriced and meh. Dogfishhead 90minute IPA... now that's tasty.

end public service announcement for the 3 canadian dwellers who read this forum.
erzats
core!

Postby speelyei » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:23 pm

I had two beers in a row a couple weeks ago. those are the first beers I've had in about three years. I drank Apricot Ales. They were good.
speelyei
boogie boarders run ME over!

Location: Arizona... but I am still an absentee owner on the Coast!

Postby grizldoldfk » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:14 pm

i'm soo sorry i've not ventured back to this thread. alot has happened since...
so, if we're going to make confessions here speelyei, i'll tell the world here and now...
i drank some bud lime and i liked it!
grizldoldfk
Last year's hot surfer

Postby Lame Nullson » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Been brewin my own.

4 Porters, 2 English pale ales, a dead guy copy, 1 maibock.

Maibock isn't bottled yet, think I might put some lemon juice in it.

Best so far......the dead guy copy. In. Effin. Credible!
So long and thanks for all the Fish!
Lame Nullson
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

Postby pra_ggresion » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:07 pm

A week ago this dude shared a cherry stout he made. He put the cherries in during the first stage in the carboid but didn't let it last very long. It was served with a berry cobbler and complimented it very nicely.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Postby Trula » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Lame Nullson wrote:Been brewin my own.

4 Porters, 2 English pale ales, a dead guy copy, 1 maibock.

Maibock isn't bottled yet, think I might put some lemon juice in it.

Best so far......the dead guy copy. In. Effin. Credible!

Recommended Dead Guy to a coworker (I don't drink which makes it ironic) and he loved it. Lucky for him he was headed back to Seattle where he could find it. But Pizza Paradisio in Washington DC serves it for ou right coasters.
Portland - Where young people go to retire.
Trula
I embrace my inner tard

Postby Dub Star » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:51 pm

Fort George Vortex IPA is pretty much my fav right now. Best brewery on the coast hands down. And they have cool growlers.

Oh yeah brewed up another few batchs. The same lite and crispy yet hoppy and flavor full summer pale, in hope of an indian summer. An IPA clone of a Walkingman IPA. And a Full Sail Was Ale clone to kick off fall and to have a winter brew before it hits.
Dub Star

PreviousNext

Return to Consumer Reports (Boring)