Change font size   Print view

wet suit purchase

If you've had an especially good (or bad!) experience with a surf product or service (i.e. surfboard, wetsuit, surf camp, shaper, video, etc), share your opinion with the rest of us. Nobody really cares, but knock yourself out. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, nm

wet suit purchase

Postby brobra » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:26 am

I know this thread has been killed before, but just wanted to get some opinions on wetsuits. I need a new one. Last 2 suits have been 6.5.4 They are great, but I'm thinking of a 5.4.3 this time. Has anyone tried a Hyper Flex suit? I basically want a warm suit, that is extremely flexible. Any input would be great.
Whose got snaps on the petro?
brobra
Hawaii big surf veterinarian

Re: wet suit purchase

Postby wanty » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:04 pm

bro,
check out the excel infinity drylock 5/4. pretty flexible and very warm.
wanty
Site Admin

Postby losingtoday » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Gotta disagree about the 5/4 being flexible with Xcel. If you want flexible with an Xcel, go for the 4/3 Drylock, warm enough for pretty much the whole year, and pretty solid flexibility.

I prefer the 5/4 Rip Curl F-Bomb though, super warm and easily the most flexible 5/4 I've tried...

I do like the look those new Isurus wetsuits too.. 4/3 hooded is worth checking out in person, but you gotta shell out the $$$$$ for them..

No personal experience with Hyperflex but have seen them torn to shreds on people before..
losingtoday
shorepounder

Postby McDing » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:00 pm

I don't know if any of you havre caught on to it; but the upper level Hyperflex wetsuit is made from Yamata Japanese rubber. Same as the Isurus but alot cheaper price wise. I have a flow Hyperflex and it's good suit, no problems. I just recently though found out that their better quality suit is Yamata(sp).
McDing
Am I addicted to this?

Postby Doc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:07 pm

Hotline

Doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
Doc
surf expert............ just add wax

Return to Consumer Reports (Boring)