Change font size   Print view

Chili peppers

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Chili peppers

Postby Critter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:57 pm

For any of you that are having trouble with your weight/depression I would like to share something that happened in my life.
Untill approx. 2 years ago I have never been able to eat hot/spicy things. If I were to attempt to do so would result in the most VILE and painfull acid indigestion/hiccups any human could fathom. So, for the last several years I have been spending a good amount of time with my buddy Brett who was essentially raised by his house keeeper Marta, in Hollywood. Brett was raised on hot/spicy and has been perplexed by my inability to eat anything hot. He has been very persistant in cajoling, pressuring me to "try just a little taste.." over the last few years. A year ago for christmas he gave me a LRG. jug-0-Sriracha hot chili sauce. Last year when I started using it in top ramen, scrambled eggs ect. it was still HOT to me, Well a month ago I was over at Bretts and we were watching some MMA and drinking, smoking some ganga, doing the bachelor thing, you know the drill. You dont ?!? WELL, haha, its a reasonably good substitute for the married life ;). Anyway Brett gets this mischievious look on his face and heads to the fridge. Out comes this Pickle jar that had no pickles but the left over juice was pulasting with an evil red glow. Lurking deep...deep and with dark intent, in this pickled fluid was a bright red demon. He claimed it was a Caribbean Red Pepper and it was TOO hot for me, I could not have any. Frocker! I thought to myself. Being of UN-sound mind and body after 5 Martinis and many a bong hit, I proclaimed "BS, I WILL have some of that."
Brett was not about to let me taint his kitchen floor with my vomit, and he as much as said so!
I watched sullenly as he carefully sliced this little devil into small strips. As he turned around to wash his hands in the sink My left hand, which has its own brain by the way, stealthily slipped over to the scintillating group of bright red slivers...
What followed next was nothing short of spritual. Brett turned back to have a piece and noticed me chewing, "HA!" I said. Did you ? Yes I did.
Within moments my scalp was a fountain of sweat cascading down my face and neck, My tongue was simultaneously not there and coated in red hot magma, My brain was swirling with endorphins I didnt even know I had. I might have sucked the endorphins out of everyone within 1/4 mile the way I felt! Beyond reason I reached for another. Fireworks were expoding in my brain...I was giggling like a fool and loving it!
Not a hint of hiccups.
We shared the entire pepper I may have ate more than he did I am not sure, I was time traveling so its hard to say.
Since that evening I have had such a craving for peppers its ridiculous. My typical breakfast now is, several eggs with 3-4 Jalapenos and 2 dry pieces of toast. My state of mind is more alert, flexible, happier!
I have lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks with no other change in my life but the peppers.
I generally feel better over all in my head/heart/body.
Perhaps I found that drug Hewey Lewis was looking for ?
EAT chili peppers everyday! They are cheap, easy to prepare,and good for you in many ways.
All ya gotta do is ask for it.
Critter
over the falls, a way of life

Re: Chili peppers

Postby smithgrind » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Could've sworn this was heading for a brokeback moment...
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Critter » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:39 pm

Hahaha Smithy, nah, Brett is just a good buddy of 18 years, more like a brutha. I have been an uncle to his, now 19, year old daughter, and we have helped one another through some difficult times. He had no clue that he was helping me yet again by pushing my tolerance for HOT food, but he did. Last several years have been very difficult for me. Spent 2007-2009 as a live in caregiver for my Father and Grandmother. Grandmother who I loved dearly passed away at 94. I tried various pills to to help get my brain evened out and the two I tried made me want to jump into the front of a Combine. I shiet you not, I have not felt this WELL in a long time. Capsaicin is wonderfull!
BTW if you behave yourself in the future and dont heckle me for being an open and sensitve human I may, JUST MAY, let you ride my 1986 T&C Ken Park pro model with matching 86 Gullwings...
Critter

Postby Bubalus » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Bubalus
the surfing sahib

Postby Critter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:27 am

LOL read of few of the "Erowid Experiences" remarkable the time traveling reference was used by others.
Critter

Postby Critter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Damn! down to two Jalapenos, didnt make it to the market today. Breakfast is going to require that I scrape the old cast iron frying pan for rezin :shock:
Critter

Postby smithgrind » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:27 pm

T&C made a Ken Park model? I thought he was a G&S skater....
smithgrind
greystoke

Postby Critter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:55 am

Im looking at it right this second. Bottom of board, Flourescent orange and yellow rings with T&C logo near lower right side of front truck Gangster in purple beanie straddling rear truck holding a revolver. White Gull Wing Pro'sBoard overall is a red stained woodgrain look. I boutght it at some little shop in Eugene in 1985. I used to skate the boys club indoor half pipe. Was nearly pristine till I loaned it to a friends son lol.
Critter

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)