Change font size   Print view

Div

Most people put away childish things as they mature. However, if you insist on engaging in this inherently dangerous pasttime please confine your posts here...so I don't have to waste time reading them. Registration is required.

Div

Postby Spent » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:41 pm

forget the horrible song... skateboarding looks better when people have been hammered by real life (and substances)... sure any stunt fetus could pull of Div's moves but when an alcoholic red bearded working class Scotsman does it- well, it simply means more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RfGTwcJGpc
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Re: Div

Postby Tex » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 pm

Nice vid....agree that the old nerd look gives the skater almost more props than what we typically see in skate videos.
I watched myself skating a park at the seattle center. In my mind I was floating and carving and killing it. Then when I saw the video it looked like I might as well have been pushing myself along with a walker or a cane. Like my knees were incapable of bending. Depressing wake up call for sure.
Tex
switch stance....... not swish hitter!

Re: Div

Postby pra_ggresion » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:21 am

Couldn't agree more Spent.

Tex, I get that same feeling pretty much every time I see an image of myself surfing or skating. It's also one of the best ways to improve. Seeing stuff like not bending your knees can help you progress way faster. I have this ape arm thing going that helps me maintain balance but always looks like I'm rolling up the windows. I'm always trying to find a better balance point that doesn't require my arms to counter-balance cause of seeing pics of myself. I also need to bend my knees more often but it's kinda hard cause my ankle don't like it.
Potato salad or die!
pra_ggresion
I post better than I surf

Return to Skateboarding without a condom