Change font size   Print view

Winter is Comming

Open to mostly benign surf topics. Like: "Gosh! I had fun on my softtop the other day". Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Tex

Re: Winter is Comming

Postby Spent » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:19 pm

No, I'd love to but my quiver is the biggest its ever been right now at six boards. I'm good for the moment. I've had two boards from Dan, a 6'2" stubby pod-like short board and 7'2" 2+1 mid length. Plan to surf both into the ground...

Will see how my 6'10" Bryan Bates semi gun holds up this winter...
First Gay Marriage, then legal weed and now a goddamn skatepark in PC.
Spent
huntington hop wave killer

Postby Major Lazer » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:07 am

Page is back up...... oh well last few weeks looked a little rough and tumble but sure there were windows.

Holidays were taxiing for me this year and got pretty sick Xmas night. Took several days and canceled a planned family NYs south coast road trip :cry: Finnaly felt better by NYE. Bailed out of work an hour early and caught the last few hours of light in 2018. Perfect conditions but beach was pretty pitted out from the storms and swell a bit wonky. Tricky but lined up on a little knuckle of sand that was throwing top to bottom green backlit barrels that Reys or Mulcs woulda had thier way with, but couldn't find the line in and mossty went around. Had a few where I was slotted but no end of the year views. Newish board went well thou but not sure about medium sized fins. Epic winter sunset lit the sky on fire and great to get out of the water and watch with my family on the beach.
Routine is a vampire. Manu Chao-
Major Lazer
neoprene queen

Postby buoyhead » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:13 pm

Perfect lefts. Monday. Tuesday. Today.
Especially today.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits.
buoyhead
Plover Murderer

Postby smithgrind » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:45 pm

Gifted myself a handful of waves on Christmas day after 6 weeks of no surf. Nothing worth hooting about but it was good
to get wet and spend more time dialing in the new 6'3". Caught a window of an hour or so when the swell cleaned up with the tide and presented some clean rights and occasional lefts that held up.
smithgrind
greystoke

Previous

Return to Forum For People Who Think They Surf