Change font size   Print view

Sobriety

Yes, this is a surfpage, but many of us like to discuss non-surf related issues amongst fellow surfers. Here's the place to do it. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Gazsurf

Re: Sobriety

Postby Tex » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:33 am

You nailed it Howly....my social life took a massive nose dive after I quit drinking.
Tex
straight.......like a boomerang

Postby INTERN » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:29 am

Howly Wolf wrote:
INTERN wrote: I'll be listening to a lot of Minor Threat and will come out looking like Rollins.

The Minor Threat regimen's all well and good, but don't be surprised if you end up looking more like Ian MacKaye.
:

Ending dry/sober January today, can confirm, looking more like Ian, maybe a little Albini as I've been wearing coveralls and a rolled beanie most days in the wood shop, and I weigh less now than I did in college.

On the real though, after 30 days, I feel like I could continue to be sober, at least I know when I have kids it won't be too hard to quit. I started a new Hal half marathon program and learned back squats with the trainer, so I feel good. But today, we crack one of the dry hopped ambers that has been brewing away in the closet, roll a doobie, and go see Garcia Bday...
INTERN
Mermaided

Postby smithgrind » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 pm

I miss the 714's from the 80's.
smithgrind
somebody call my lawyer

Postby BOX » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:44 am

So far I haven't had a drink in 2020. Wasn't actively trying to be sober. I guess I just haven't been out much. Some of you guys said your lack of drinking killed your social life. I'm pretty sure my lack of a social life killed my drinking :lol:
BOX
the surfing sahib

Postby Tex » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:20 pm

You still on the wagon BOX?
Tex

Postby BOX » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:23 am

Was going to say yes, but then I remembered I bought a single beer at a concert last weekend. I enjoyed all $9 of it :roll:
BOX
the surfing sahib

Postby bluesilver » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:57 pm

BOX wrote:

Was going to say yes, but then I remembered I bought a single beer at a concert last weekend. I enjoyed all $9 of it :roll:

Yeah like a baseball game 8-12$ for a Bud Light.....
When you know, you know; you know?
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet

Postby BOX » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Yeah like a baseball game 8-12$ for a Bud Light.....

Exactly. It's like, "I know I could have bought a sixer of a good micro for this cost, but please allow me the privilege of standing in a huge @$$ line and buying a warm Bud in a plastic cup instead"

Some concert venues have igloo coolers full of water and little paper cups if you get thirsty (awesome!). This place was making people buy over-priced bottled water instead. I figured if I was going to get fleeced either way I might as well just get a beer.
BOX
the surfing sahib

Postby Tex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:59 am

Enjoying blended cbd/thc gummies 1 quarter at a time, still trying to figure out if that means I fell of the wagon. They kinda help when in lock down mode with no surf.
Tex

Previous

Return to Things That Don't Matter (What the OSP is really about)