Change font size   Print view

Issues of Localism

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

have you personally experienced localism against you?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:37 pm

No
50%
yes
50%

Total votes : 14

Postby clean_up_set » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:03 pm

I will soak a local just the same as anybody else. Im a clean up set. Hey, its what I do.
I'm just waiting outside... to mow you down.
clean_up_set
Plover Murderer

Postby pro moe » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:04 pm

jeez what a bunch o babies crying those mean old locals took all my waves
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ya just might learn how to surf better and maybe it wont be soo bad
pro moe
duck diving fool

Postby SooLoo » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:19 pm

another thing chumps, the idea of somehow rooting out this big "problem" or dealing with it through violence or lawsuits brings to mind a Bad Religion lyric "if you came to conquer you'll be king for a day, but you too will deteriorate and quickly fade away"
SooLoo

Postby wanty » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:00 pm

i said were goin to root out localism. Were gonna smoke them locals outta there holes!
wanty
Site Admin

Postby SooLoo » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:25 pm

:oops:
SooLoo

Postby Bison » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:15 pm

well, it is called "Bitch and Moan"
no weak heart shall prosper
Bison
snowboarder know-it-all

Postby SooLoo » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:24 pm

true my friend. my frustration has reached boiling point because the same thing is discussed over and over in all forums making ALL of us look like giant wussies.

the "local" has become this mythical beast who has been givin life through the childlike fear of a few.

anybody need me for the next few days i'll be in the van down by the strait. alone and unafraid.
SooLoo

Postby redliner » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:26 pm

SISSY.
It always gets good after everyone leaves.
redliner
neoprene queen

Postby wanty » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:42 pm

SooLoo wrote:ALL of us look like giant wussies.

hahaha.

i agree sooloo. Ive never experienced localism against me except once when i was driving into a super well known surfspot and had one fellow shake his fist at me at his drove off. Big deal dude, i drive a honda with 4 longboards on a soft-rack?
wanty
Site Admin

Postby Sparky » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:09 pm

wanty9999 wrote:
SooLoo wrote:ALL of us look like giant wussies.

hahaha.

i agree sooloo. Ive never experienced localism against me except once when i was driving into a super well known surfspot and had one fellow shake his fist at me at his drove off. Big deal dude, i drive a honda with 4 longboards on a soft-rack?

Umm Wanty.. That does not count since I am not a local.. by the way I was not shaking my fist at you in anger.. I had a cramp in my palm and that was the only way I could wave and say "Have a great session".. oh as for the scow on my face when I was waving my fist at you.. some how a dungenous crab found its way into my rig and was pinching my nads.. Hey you try smiling when that is happening.
Sparky
coast guard rescue float

Postby brdsurf » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:26 pm

SooLoo wrote: a "local" is not defined in a conventional sense. it is a surfer term, plain and simple. it doesn't really mean anything more than the dude who is always there. someone who "regulates" a break is all together a different animal like that old prick at the camp.

please you all, rise off hyw 101's nutz.

Sooloo I apologise since I bring alot of this up. I thought it a bit ironic is all that someone was going to F%&k my friends car up at the camp in the tradition of localism, despite the fact I can see the house I grew up in from the line up at the Camp. All the while having that person paint another as being an "a-hole".

As far as it being a surfer term, that is far from it. Everyday I am reminded that I am a tourist, in a land where over 20% of the population died just to preserve their freedom, less than 65 years ago. Being in a situation with a proud people all around you as a tourist living there give a whole different meaning to local. Kind of makes rock throwing look like childs play when you have to rely upon judgement skills just to cope with everyday life.
"I have to overcome that safety mechanism that wants to rise up in me and to keep me from doing something that could kill me."
"Everything’s okay until it isn’t."
brdsurf
straight.......like a boomerang

Postby goinleft » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:10 pm

bison, this jason guy has the redish goatee, right?

Bison and Slim,

That guy and the chumps he influences are not your average locals like sooloo says. They are enforcers.....bullies.....just plain old dicks whose sole purpose is to keep people from surfing the place. Everyone has had runins with that guy. He is your typical shoolyard bully and is probably a dick out of the water as well.

I think we should all throw him a blanket party!
fk off!
goinleft
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

Postby clean_up_sets_mom » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:10 pm

I apologise

Brdsrfs entrance into every thread for the last month.
Sweet Mama didn't raise no fool
clean_up_sets_mom
Mermaided

Localized??

Postby The Betty » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:08 am

And while your bullsh*tting....this topic sucked as much crackajuweeuh this week as it did last. Chill homeslice.

This is what seems to work at my ill spots.....

*Drive slow

*Dont gawk at the fluorescent houses with 3 cars, 2 wash machines and a pit bull staked at every pile a net.

*Say what up, but dont ask about fishing when your looking at an indian.

*Dont post sesh party at your bumper by the rez. You fuggers have been tailgating on to much of our land as it is.

*If you have a dog that is not submissive prepare to have the "locals" place bets as its face is ripped off.

The coolest thing about the "locals" out here, if you get in the water, fresh face, and you roll a couple of respectable waves, your cool in the line up.

As far as Oregon, in my experience, the attitude toward "localism" like its such a big deal that you find it something to strike heated argument back and forth with someone who mowed your azz (cuz you were in the way) 73 1/2 years ago, and then even more to take up half a fuggen surf page with the garbage, Yes, that is a pretty accurate description of your line up. But then who am I? Im just a Betty.
The Betty

Postby Bison » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:57 am

goinleft wrote: They are enforcers.....bullies.....just plain old dicks whose sole purpose is to keep people from surfing the place.

I was talking about the runins I've had with this guy with a fiend who was born and raised in Seaside and while I can not be 100% positive it is the same guy, he told me a very interesting story that someone here may know more about...

This guy (goateeazzhole) was a bully in highshool as well. He was a surfer then too. He regulated back then as well. When he was a senior there was a lower classman who decided he was ready to surf the point, Goateeazzhole said no way. He went out to the point anyway despite Goateeazzhole's warning and one day after a great session of lefts pulled off his suit and jumped in his car to go pick up his highschool sweethart. He got to her house and picked her up and left for a date. The whole time this poor fella had no idea that Goateeazzhole and his band of bitter pranksters was lurking in the shadows folowing them.

Before they could reach the location of their date our young hero and his sweethart were pulled to the side of the road by a car flashing their lights. As soon as the cars were stopped out jumped Goateeazzhole and his cronies with a bucket of dog chit. The price for a day of surfing was to be smeared in chit and roughed up a bit in front of his girlfriend.

Ten years go by...

The young victim has spent years angry about being humiliated in front of his girl and has vowed to revenge his honor. As he sits in a local pub stewing in his anger, made sour by ten years of sitting on the shelf in walks his nemesis. He fortifies his resolve with a few more strong drinks and decides it's time for action. He walks over to the pool table, grabs a cue and makes his way to Goateeazzhole. He says "hi" and wails him in the face with the cue.

So our young hero goes to jail, Goateeazzhole goes to the hospital for a long and drawn out facial reconstructive process.

Now Goateeazzhole is still out there regulating and throwing rocks at people.

stu·pid
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
no weak heart shall prosper
Bison
snowboarder know-it-all

PreviousNext

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners