Change font size   Print view

Issues of Localism

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

have you personally experienced localism against you?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:37 pm

No
50%
yes
50%

Total votes : 14

Postby Nasty » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:50 am

The Betty wrote: dudes dont give 7fux about my tits.

Yes we do.
Nasty

Postby pro moe » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:01 am

you missed my point if you know what goes down there a longboarder
who can actually surf is the exception unfortunately
as far as getting cracked ya know thats the risk he takes
personally i rather let the water flush the kooks outta lineup he is a little more proactive
pro moe
duck diving fool

Postby Dano » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:05 am

pro moe wrote:you missed my point if you know what goes down there a longboarder
who can actually surf is the exception unfortunately
as far as getting cracked ya know thats the risk he takes
personally i rather let the water flush the kooks outta lineup he is a little more proactive

Got it...
humbled!
Dano
leashless is no way to go through life

Postby thurgood jenkins » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:07 am

Cheeky monkey is right, maybe people don't give you waves but they don't take the ones that are yours which is more than I can say for a lot of us.

Face it, it's a sexist world we live in, big boobies, a pretty face, a candy coated a$$, all these things will definately make things easier for a female ina predominately male dominated (especially in the PNW) sport.

Sure skills help but when I go to Westport with 2 tone she gets guys hitting on her, I get guys telling me to surf somewhere else. No disrespect to 2tonester as she's coming along nicely skill wise but I am a more skilled surfer than her, so if your theory is correct and looks, boobies, and gender have nothing to do with it than why does this happen? I mean look at how many guys hit on you when you joined the forum, surfer guys like hot chicks that can surf (big suprise). The proof is in the puddin.

Lets be honest with ourselves an attractive non local surfing female with large breastessis is going to get a more positive response from locals than an equally skilled non local male surfer. Thems the facts, it just helps even up the odds, guys get hassled, women get periods. I didn't make the rules but all in all we guys don't got it so bad, I'd hate to try to pass a new born through my urethra! :lol:
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby nm » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:15 am

thurgood jenkins wrote: guys get hassled, women get periods.

Now THAT was funny. :lol:
nm
somebody call my lawyer

Postby The Betty » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:17 am

I hate to ruin it for you all but my boobs just are not that big. Four combined years of being a human faucet took their toll.

I guess I must not recognize when Im being "hit on" if thats what you call my welcome to this forum.

As far as in the water...Lets surf TJ. I will rip circles around your skinny white azz, and I will teach 2maw the same style. We will see whos boobs you are drooling over after you just got skooled by an old lady and her new girlfriend.
The Betty

Postby Dano » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:22 am

do I sense trouble in Team Green?
humbled!
Dano
leashless is no way to go through life

Postby The Betty » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:34 am

I just have a little problem with allowing my rack to assume full responsibility for the fact that I am a skilled short boarder. Being a stoner, Im very forgiving (hence my ability to put up with you fuggers for so long). No problems on Green. Nothing that cant be put solved by a little dank.
The Betty

Postby thurgood jenkins » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:01 pm

I never said you lacked any skills, and your boobs havenothing to do with your abilities in fact having those melons must get in the way at times, I acknowledge the fact you have skills and that having boobs has nothing to do with having skills, it does however have something to do with the response you get from other guys in the lineup, men are shallow pigs, of course we care about boobs!

I just said being a skilled surfer doesn't necessarily make you gain respect. Lets face the facts here, you can't say being an attractive female has no bearing on the response you get when you paddle up in a line up full of guys. Sure they may underestimate your abilities but no one will outright hassle you, and when they see you tear it up then they'll definately not say anything negative.

I have never seen a woman get called out or hassled in the lineup, guys however get it all the time. I'm not trying to minimize your skills and accomplishments or anything it's just what I have seen in my relatively short tenure of surfing.

Theres no doubt you can outsurf me, with your what is it 15 plus years of surfing, I haven't even been in the water for 3 years and I'm 5 hours away from the nearest consistent wave so I sure hope you can out surf me. I'd love for you to take out 2tone she needs another girl to push her, she's usually the one pushing the other girls and it would be good for her. The prospect of getting scvhooled by two sexy ladies is actually something I'm looking forward to. I'm down to make a go out this weekend, this schooled by sexy chicas sounds like fun.
So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

Stewie Griffin
thurgood jenkins
flotsam

Postby Nasty » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:09 pm

BACK PADDLE!!!!
Nasty

Postby jerichv » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:56 pm

The Betty wrote:. We will see whos boobs you are drooling over after you just got skooled by an old lady and her new girlfriend.

can me and lolo watch... :twisted: sounds muy caliente..
say it!
jerichv
"wall of fiberglass" refugee

Postby rory » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:20 pm

Yes the guys are checking you out. They just not while your watching. I think it has a lot to do with the fear you have stricken in them. Betty is a pretty aggressive surfer, takes charge of her surrounding, fun as anything to watch. But she has a mouth and she fights dirty. No one talks back tio the betty.
So jay did you ever think you dont have a problem with local drag cause your the one whos fronting it? eh heh.
rory
Mermaided

Postby The Betty » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:26 pm

shut it
The Betty

Postby Stiffler » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:07 pm

See? this is why you guys are having problems with locals. You are kooking out on the INTERNET.
Stiffler

Postby zxsurf » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:56 pm

the thing that bothers me about localism( the point) is those crack heads think their s dont stink. The rest of us don't hassel them when they surf any other spots!!! so why do they hassel people that surf their?????????
zxsurf
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!

PreviousNext

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners