Change font size   Print view

Downhill...all the way.

This forum is for SURF topics such as localism and rants that are usually negative in nature. If you're a baby, complainer, or generally think you're right and everyone else is wrong this is the place for you. PLEASE NOTE, all forum rules still apply, but just a little more liberally enforced. Registration is required.

Moderators: wanty, Wilbur Kookmeyer

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby bluesilver » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:31 am

Could be, but from the sounds of it, it's been 10 years already.
:)

When I do get out, it's for an extended time. I try to make the most of it.
It's hard as hell to arrange the time to get out nowadays with the kids...
When you know, you know; you know?
User avatar
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby MedicineHat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:36 am

Bluesilver is a very interesting cat. He reveals his interests to us slowly, over time. Remember the fireman days? Now the mantracker persona? He's also married to an Ali Larter look-alike, and is an electrician, to boot. Either bluesilver is a bona-fide dragon slayer, or he's a dilettante. Either way, let that boy boogie-woogie. It's in him, and it's got to come out.
MedicineHat
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:30 pm

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby bluesilver » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:31 pm

I'm no longer an electrician. I was with the IBEW and just found it to be far too political and ingenuine. A large percentage of the union electricians I worked around flat out lacked integrity and honesty. Saw it everyday... if the forman f'ed up and the supervisor shows up, it's never his fault..it was what always seemed to be their best freinds fault if they were the next in line as far as rank. That and I got tired of spending all day putting up 2X4 troffers in high rises.
Who are you then?
When you know, you know; you know?
User avatar
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby bluesilver » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:35 pm

As far as firefighting, I was a resident firefighter for a larger department. I left because at the time I was working a full time job, working 2 demanding volunteer jobs and going to college.
I've periodically tested with various departments to get back into the volunteer aspect with firefighting, but it gets increasingly difficult, especially since over the last couple of years everyone and their dog seems to be trying to get in as well. It's draining.
When you know, you know; you know?
User avatar
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby MedicineHat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:50 pm

how old is bluesilver?

I say 28
We might beome friends, in spite of the fact that we surf.
MedicineHat
stinkbug stance? I walk this way!
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:30 pm

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby bluesilver » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:37 pm

29 on feb 27th
When you know, you know; you know?
User avatar
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby Wilbur Kookmeyer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:27 pm

MedicineHat wrote:Bluesilver is a very interesting cat. He reveals his interests to us slowly, over time. Remember the fireman days? Now the mantracker persona? He's also married to an Ali Larter look-alike, and is an electrician, to boot. Either bluesilver is a bona-fide dragon slayer, or he's a dilettante. Either way, let that boy boogie-woogie. It's in him, and it's got to come out.


I think he is full of shit.

But then again, so am I...so....do the math.
Your electric car runs on coal. Think about it....
User avatar
Wilbur Kookmeyer
full of bull kelp.
 
Posts: 9393
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:04 am

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby bluesilver » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:49 am

If I was here to win you over Wilbur, you'd know a lot more about me. Believe what you want to believe. Fact is, I'm just a regular dude who's done and does a lot of stuff, mainly because I've always had trouble figuring out what it is I want to do. My brain refuses to accept a home-stuck boring lifestyle and I like a challenge that also gives me something to study and work at. I fear being old and looking back at a wasted life.
Last edited by bluesilver on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you know, you know; you know?
User avatar
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby speelyei » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 am

bluesilver wrote:If I was here to win you over Wilbur, you'd know a lot more about me. Believe what you want to believe. Fact is, I'm just a regular dude who's done and does a lot of stuff, mainly because I've always had trouble figuring out what it is I want to do. My brain refuses to accept a home-stuck boring lifestyle and I like a challenge that also gives me something to study and work at. I fear being old and looking back at a wasted life.

Something else you don't know about me is that I've taken a lot of training in interrogation and the study of people-reading. It's always intrigued me to see how people react to even the simplest comment I make that may challenge what they believe. Usually what some people on here perceive as me being an @ss is really just my attempt to get more information from them as a means to figure them out. The internet is a tough place to understand where people are coming from and has proved to be an interesting meduim to study discussions.
It has obviously led to many misunderstandings on both sides, but what interests me the most is how people react to comments from people they do not know in comparison to those that they do. If you can't put a face to a comment or idea, it destroys credibility.


see, this is the conundrum with BlueSilver. The first paragraph is great! it's as if I wrote it myself..

But the first sentence of the second paragraph leaves the reading thinking, huh?! WTF? In fact, the whole second paragraph should be edited out.
User avatar
speelyei
boogie boarders run ME over!
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: Arizona... but I am still an absentee owner on the Coast!

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby bluesilver » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 am

ok...
I'll keep my personal info contained as usual, doesn't matter to me.
When you know, you know; you know?
User avatar
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby Gazsurf » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:30 am

bluesilver wrote:ok...
I'll keep my personal info contained as usual, doesn't matter to me.


Nut up..... :roll:

http://natebloch.com/
"I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Texas Board of Education member McLeroy rejecting science over creationism.
User avatar
Gazsurf
the kook whisperer
 
Posts: 5984
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:22 pm
Location: Your head

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby bluesilver » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Gazsurf wrote:
bluesilver wrote:ok...
I'll keep my personal info contained as usual, doesn't matter to me.


Nut up..... :roll:

http://natebloch.com/


Why? I don't even know what 99% of you all do outside of surfing and bickering uselessly about politics.

The vid is funny as hell though!
When you know, you know; you know?
User avatar
bluesilver
the opposite of wave magnet
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Re: Downhill...all the way.

Postby Doc » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Don't worry about it...
I don't know what I'm doing...
About 95% of the time.

doc
"If you don't surf...don't start".
User avatar
Doc
noodle arms/noodle brain
 
Posts: 4530
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Oregon

Previous

Return to Haters, Ranters & Whiners

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron